Friday, January 04, 2008

 

Calendars

As I was cleaning up my desk, as I always try and do on Friday before I leave work, I was taking a good look at the calender I purchased this year. I love calenders for the art and interesting stuff of the page a day calendars. I try and mix it up each year, but there are always my standbys, and usually have a hard time deciding. If I don't find one that blows me away I'll wait until they go on sale and grab what's left.

This year I went with:
  1. Antique Map wall calendar for work. What sold me on it is that it has vintage maps of New York, San Francisco, London, and Paris. All cities I enjoy visiting and have been to all of them since November 2006.
  2. William Wegman Puppies wall calendar for home. This is an old standby. I love his work and probably get one every other year and well worth it for half-price.
  3. Schott's Almanac Page-A-Day calendar for work. I discovered Schott's Miscellany when I first went to England and enjoy this offbeat collection of trivia and facts. This is also the only one I paid full price for.
  4. Brain Teasers Page-A-Day by email. By buying the above I was able to sign up for another free online.
So what calendars did you pick for 2008?

Hot Chicks Born Today
Julia Ormond, 43, a wonderful actress who hasn't worked enough but it is well worth checking out the original Traffik to see her at 24 playing a drug addict

Comments:
I actually have not bought one this year. I love them but hate paying full price, naturally by the time I get there the pickings is slim.

In the past I have bought crossword puzzle a day, scenic photos, gardening and even cats one time - and I am not a cat person. Probably on clearance.

when you have an ailing parent, and then they pass away you can sometimes begin to forget things about your life before they became ill. Your question reminded me of how one of the gifts I gave my Mom every year before she was sick was a scenic wall calender with Scripture and a page day calender with a different Bible verse. She would tear the pages off and save them - for some reason she often highlighted the verse.

Thanks for the memory today.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?