Thursday, January 31, 2008

 

Lawrence of Arabia

I need a break. The recap of honorable mention films of 2007 will be delayed by at least a day. I really didn’t know how daunting this task would be. I really wish I had prewritten some of these summaries. As it is I have written a line or two on 45 films in the last three days. Even though I’m only writing a sentence or two on each film, it is still a lot of work. And with 19 films in the honorable mention list, I think my head is going to explode.

Tonight I took a break from things and took in Lawrence of Arabia at the Angelika Plano. Lawrence is one of my favorite films of all time and have now seen in on the big screen twice. This is the one film that needs to be scene on the big screen and everyone should see at least once.

It was also very exciting to see a good turnout for a 45-year-old film. It was also a treat that is was a film print of the original release. The drawback was the print showed its age a bit and had some fairly significant sound problems. But I have now seen all three major versions of Lawrence. In the 80s I watched on VHS the heavily cut 1971 version. In 1989, I was there on opening day in Dallas to see the extended director’s cut, the one I now have on DVD. And now I’ve seen the earliest version.

Now in a couple of more weeks I might sit through all of Ben-Hur to finally see the chariot race on the big screen for the first time.

Hot Chicks Born Today
Portia de Rossi, 35, possibily the best looking lesbian in Hollywood
Minnie Driver, 38, first noticed in Big Night, she's always had an exotic, someone different look that is pretty sexy

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?