Saturday, January 12, 2008

 

Movies with Plot Twists

Premiere Magazine has a current feature: 20 Big Time Plot Twists. It includes some of the usual suspects (groan!): The Sixth Sense, Psycho, The Crying Game & (of course) The Usual Suspects. Some that I went who cares: Friday the 13th & Eddie & the Cruisers. And a nice surprises I probably woundn't have thought of: Oldboy.

So what did they forget? Here are 7 that come to mind that not only have good twists but are really good films.

The Red Violin - a favorite since the reveal completely blew me away. Also since there is a 2nd plot twist with the present day story
Diabolique - probably the best non-Hitchcock, Hitchcock film
The Prestige - one of the best films of 2006
Charade - another film that could have easily been directed by Hitchcock
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - a wonderful comedy that everyone I know loves but still seem underrated
eXistenZ - this film plays with itself a bit too much but an underrated Cronenberg film
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - this 1978 version has one of the ultimate twists that leaves you reeling

Hot Chicks Born Today
Kirstie Alley, 57, was great looking went she burst on the scene in Star Trek II and through the 80s, still I find something about her fairly interesting
Blanchard Ryan, 41, have only seen her in Open Water, where she was not shy about revealing her nice body, would like to see more of her (working, not necessarly the body)

Labels:


Comments:
I think a movie like Sex and Lucia falls into a "trapdoor" sub-genre of movie twists.
 
OK this is sad - I have a copy of the movie that I have never watched - but I thought Hitch DID direct Charade!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?