Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Twin Peaks

Do you watch the DVDs you own?

I have all of these DVDs and never seem to watch any of them. At least I've made the smart decision to quit buying so many. I probably made less than 10 purchases this year. The ones I did buy are films I really wanted to own and usually have extras I'm interested in seeing. Recent buys included the Stanley Kubrick set, the Sergio Leone set, and Twin Peaks.

I watched the first two Leone westerns the last week of the year, in prep for the midnight showing of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I own all of his films so I plan on going through them in order once (next being Once Upon a Time in the West) then again with commentary.

This weekend I began going through Twin Peaks. Now I'm a pilot and 2 episodes in and two things come to mind. The transfer looks amazing, especially when you compare with the log lady intros that have not been enhances. 2nd, I forgot how great the early part of this series was. So revolutionary for television in terms of story development, camera work, and tone.

It should be a pleasure revisiting this series, since I really haven't watched it since it was first on 18 years ago, and seeing all of the actors, who are now household names, at the beginning of their careers.

Hot Chicks Born Today
Rinko Kikuchi, 27, who can forget her role in Babel but I don't like her blond.
Gabrielle Reece, 38, a little overrated but still very hot.
Andrea Thompson, 48, I was a big fan of her in Babylon 5 and NYPD Blue but since then she has had a very strange career

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?