Wednesday, February 13, 2008

 

2007 Top 20 Films


Below are the films that I put in spots 11 to 20. I haven't decided to rank them so they are listed in alphabetical order.

I haven't been able to compete the summaries. I'll add them bit by bit.

Across the Universe
Black Book
Charlie Wilson's War
Eastern Promises
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Lars and the Real Girl
My Kid Could Paint That
No End in Sight
Rescue Dawn

2 Days in Paris - The biggest surprise of the year. I wasn’t expecting much since I’m not a big Julie Delpy fan. But she is wonderful her both in front and behind the camera. This look at a strained relationship at the end of an European trip is neither smug nor pretentious. Adam Goldberg is perfect as the fish out of water with a wonderful sense of humor and an equal distance for ugly Americans and pompous French. Topping off the fun are Delpy’s real parents playing her nutty parents in the film. They are completely endearing and exasperating at the same time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?