Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

Super Bowl

Today I spent doing basically two things.

One was watching the Super Bowl. I really didn't care anything about the two teams but I was rooting against New England to have a perfect season. So at least I was happy about that. For the most part the game was boring as hell until the last half of the last quarter then it had one of the greatest finishes in Super Bowl history. Also the commercials were pretty boring. I didn’t find any particularly funny and the only one that was interesting was the Godfather inspired Audi ad, mainly due to that being a bad-ass looking car.

The second thing I did was spend way too much time dealing with the Guardian 1,000 list. Part of the reason is that I have too many lists to work off of and need to consolidate. I have an Excel spreadsheet that I used to create the initial list. This was updated but I wanted to move away from this. I added a field to my Access database that indicates if a film is a Guardian entry. This all went fine.

This I decided to update my list on List of Bests. Here is where I wanted to kill myself. There were only 997 entries on the list. While the List of Bests is an interesting social network you have to deal with idiots screwing things up and different versions of the film on different lists. So for some reason I took it upon myself to QC the entire list and found two films that should not have been on the list and added the missing four films. At least in the process I was able to bring current the films that I can check off. So according to the list, I’m 66% complete.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?