Friday, February 08, 2008

 

Ticketmaster is pure evil

So I was thinking about seeing Feist in April at the Palladium. Not a hugh fan but she is a hot artist with the Apple commercial and all and though it might be fun.

So I log onto Ticketmaster...

Tickets : $25.00 (thats cool I can handle that)
Convenience Charge : $8.25 (a little high, I would expect $5 but I can live)
Additional Taxes : $0.89
Order Processing Charge : $5.10 (this is where it's getting ridiculus. If you are going to charge me $8 per ticket then that's pretty ballsy to hit me up with an order fee.)
TicketFast Delivery : $2.50 (to be emailed the fucking tickets. are you kidding me?)
Total Charge : $41.74

OK a $25 dollar ticket should only coast at most $32 dollars with the added fees.
I know that this is old news that Pearl Jam talked about years ago but when you are paying $75 for a major show its not a big deal but for this I really have to re-thing my modivation to see an artist that I'm only marginally interested in.

That works out to $15.85 going straight to Ticketmaster or 63% of the ticket price.

Say the Palladium gets 1,000 people and most buy in groups of 2. That is $12,050 for Ticketmaster when they really didn't do all that much.

Since they have the monopoly on tickets at AAC if a show there sells 18,000 tickets, using the same logic that's $216,900 into the pockets of Ticketmaster.

That is the worst thing about losing Gypsy and Trees is you now have to go through this money hungry outfit to get tickets. Maybe they have a boxoffice where I can save a little money.

Comments:
you are right that is crazy - I worked for them in the 80s when they were near presby hosptial at central and walnut hill lane - only job I was ever fired from actually. Oh well, I enjoyed it.

Then the cost was only $4.95 a ticket and I recall people complained a good deal then. esp. since we could not guarantee seat locations.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?